by Jackie Lapin
[One of the most powerful ways of getting your life on a positive track is by asking clarifying questions. If you haven’t tried that before, you will be amazed at the differences that will show up in your life! Let Jackie show you how.]
How many times have made a decision you’ve lived to regret, or perhaps taken a fork in the road that put you on a path that never felt right? How often have you reflected back and realized that some choice you made created more chaos, or resulted in greater resistance/friction for you. Or when you looked at something in hindsight you realized you’d hurt someone else unnecessarily?
Life presents us with many crossings, choice or decision points both daily and on a macro-scale that enable us to mold and sculpt who we are and to bring us to this point. However, we often make decisions unconsciously or based on self-interest, or expediency or even sometimes greed. Even when we ponder the options carefully, we sometimes give into our baser nature, to old habits and patterns, to others opinions, to fear or to voices that we don’t deserve better.
So how can we make better decisions? How do we follow a path that takes us to a more high- frequency, happy, abundant and fulfilling life? We must ask the right questions! Those questions can be asked of ourselves and/or we can pose them to our co-creative Universal partner. By asking the right questions, and responding honestly, we can see clear choices that allow for better outcomes.
In my life, I came to realize that every choice can be whittled down to one primary question—does this choice bring me closer to God, or does it take me away from God? That has been my litmus. Can I really knowingly make a choice that turns me away from God? That would be not only foolish, but self-destructive. I choose creation—not destruction–and illumination. When viewed through this prism, the right choice is generally evident.
Here are some other filters you can use:
- Does this honor me?
- Is the voice I hear operating out of fear or love?
- What will result in the highest and best outcome for myself? For all concerned?
- How do I feel when I ponder both options? (contraction versus expansion)
- What does my soul crave versus what my ego demands?
- What do I desire versus what others want for me or think I should do?
- What feels right?
- Does this increase my sense of oneness with the world or creates greater separation?
- Do I choose this out of need or out of soul enrichment?
- What guidance am I getting from my intuition?
- If I were to look back in 10 years, what decision would I wished I had made?
- What do I think God would want for me to do?
- What choice can I make today that will make me a happier, more well-balanced, spiritually rich person?
- What’s the message this choice is telling me about myself?
- What do I desire as opposed to what I think I deserve or what I can settle for?
- Which choice enriches the world, not just myself?
When you employ these measuring sticks, you’ll find that making—and acting on–a choice is far simpler than before. And infinitely more satisfying. Choosing well means raising your frequency and placing yourself in the path of grace. You’ll become a far faster and more effective Conscious Creator of what supports YOUR highest and best outcome.
Start asking these questions today!